Monday, August 29, 2011

Been gone fishin`

I can't believe I haven't posted since early August.

I've been on vacation and then spending a lot of time catching up once I was back.

I did have good luck the last day I was fishing on Big Sand Lake near Park Rapids on Aug. 8.

Landed a 24-in., 5 pound walleye, with friend Gene Fladeboe directing me how and where to fish. Caught the walleye in 25 feet of water dragging bottom with a leech.

It's a rare catch in August in northern Minnesota, so I felt lucky.

As my friend and Free Press photographer John Cross tells me, "never brag about a fish unless you've got a picture."

Well. I do and here it is.


We did catch and release this guy as this was required by the slot limit for the lake.

Now, back to more boring things like politics and government!

No comments:

Post a Comment